Follow the golden rule: treat others in the way that you would want to be treated. If you have a conflict with another member, or in any way feel harassed, please contact an admin to discuss the situation.
All devanooga members are expected to follow these guidelines in our community:
- Avoid language that is unnecessarily offensive to other people
- Come prepared to share ideas and defend them. We want a place that is fun and thought provoking.
- You may see ideas that are contrary to yours and that is ok.
- While it is ok to express contrary ideas, it is NOT ok to attack, defame, or otherwise harass another person. It IS ok (and encouraged) to criticize ideas that you disagree with.
- Bring a positive attitude to all interactions.
- Assume that everyone else is being light-hearted and acting in good faith unless demonstrated otherwise.
- Do not use our community as an advertisement platform. We are a community of developers and friends not an audience for your new idea.
If a Devanooga member treats you or any other person in a way that violates this CoC, please contact an administrator immediately. You can contact us via slack, the contact form on this site, or by email. Administrators will attempt to resolve the conflict in a manner that is accessible to the rest of the devanooga community, such as in a public channel. If open dialogue puts the privacy of one or more of the parties at risk, parts or all of the conflict resolution may be carried out in private.
Conduct of Administrators
devanooga is organized by Chattanooga-area members. We want to foster a community that is driven and shaped by the members. With that in mind:
- Administrators will do everything within reason to act transparently. In some cases, it may be necessary (for the privacy of people involved) to do things “behind closed doors”. We will avoid this whenever possible, and will inform the rest of the community when such private deliberation has taken place.
- Administrators can be removed from power. If they violate the CoC, or otherwise intentionally prevent the growth of the community, they can be removed by a majority vote of the other administrators.
- Actions taken by administrators are not final and are open to be challenged, at this point administrators will make a group decision regarding the action taken.
Currently, our Slack Team is administered by the following people:
- Bobby Burden, @brb3 on Slack
- Mario Ezra, @ME. on Slack
- William Roush, @strangewill on Slack
Changes to the Code of Conduct
This is a living document. If you would like to openly discuss changes to this CoC, we welcome you to do any of the following:
- Start a dialogue with administrators and the community in the
- Use our contact form to send a message directly to administrators.
- Send administrators an email at [email protected].
- Start an issue on this website’s Github repository.
- Fork this website’s Github repository, commit your changes, and issue a Pull Request.
Use of the Slack Organization
The use of the devanooga Slack Organization is a privilege we provide and maintain for users that are in good standing with the community. At any time, the admins may choose to revoke the privileges of a user to access the Slack Organization.
We ask that users keep these additional rules in mind when using the devanooga Slack Organization.
- Users are allowed only one account.
- Users may not impersonate other users, celebrities, etc.
- Try to find a relevant channel for a topic of discussion. For example, don’t talk about your latest trip to the gun range in
- Political, religious, and otherwise sensitive or controversial discussions are welcome, but we ask that users keep such topics out of the
- Users are welcome to create new channels for any topic. Administrators may remove a channel if it is determined that it violates our CoC or if the channel is unused and cluttering up our channel list.
- Bots that provide information relevant to a channel, or provide some utility to a channel or the organization are encouraged. Bots that exist only as a joke or to provide content that could reasonably be considered spam are actively discouraged, and may be deleted.
- All administrators have access to the contact form submitted on the website.
- Administrators do not have access to private chat logs unless shared by a member of the private chat. We keep almost all chat logs indefinitely excluding the following channels:
#politics- 7 days
#feels- 7 days
#sandbox- 1 day
- All administrators have access to the [email protected] e-mail address.
- All donations over $50 for a one-time donation, $600 for the year or at the request of the donor are publicly tracked on our meta repo in our financial reports, this includes who donated and how much.